We saw a huge social reach at the #PDDigital16 festival in Leeds where we had >16 million impressions in less than 24 hours and facilitated discussion between over 400 people at the event, even though there were only about 100 in the room. The conference reach continued to grow in the days after the event, with over 700 people participating by the end of the week.
Our combined team input was significant, with over half of the Twitter activity from Mark, Vanessa and André, as well as popular features including live streaming of the festival debate, filming of the talks for later use, and live podcasting of informal conversations with participants to capture ideas as they arose.
People Drive Digital values
- Good ideas can come from anywhere
- Small is beautiful
- There is more than one way to do everything
- Having fun matters
- Everyone can participate
- In being connected – outside in and inside out
- The process matters as much as the outcome
- Learning is an important matter and we should learn through doing
- Generosity is a fundamental way of being
- In celebrating different approaches
- In the principles of the maker community (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maker_culture)
- In co-design and co-production
- The value of the sharing economy – sharing treasure increases value
- The value of diversity of people, backgrounds, approaches and opinions
Read more in the full #PDDigital16 report by Roz Davies (PDF).
Massive thanks to the #BeyondTheRoom team for taking #PDDigital16 into a new dimension!
Huge impact from #BeyondTheRoom social reporting at #pddigital16. A big asset to any event wanting to extend reach and collaborate.
Great work #BeyondTheRoom today at #pddigital16 – steadfastly determined to amplify conversations outside online – great idea for events!
For all those hosting events in the health and care space wanting to connect #BeyondTheRoom, I recommend this fab team!